Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Emily Temple



Emily Temple has been in the works for far longer than I intended.  When I first began her journey, I made several drawings of dolls and posted the pics I took of them to my Flickr page. 

I then asked my friends to pick which of the dolls they liked best.  From their answers, I put together a new doll based on attributes they liked the most from each doll.

For the next while, I worked on designing the outfits. Once I had chosen which of them I'd be using, I went about colouring them all with pencil crayons.  And then.... I got my sweetest, dearest, most wonderfullest hubby to make everything into a little booklet!!  Oh, he's a wonderful man and I really don't know what I'd do without him!  Here's what he came up with..

This is the front cover.  It's made from a creamy, heavy weight card stock so Emily is nice and sturdy.

Here's a sneak peek of the inside.  Each page is vibrant and full of fun!  There are seven pages of dresses, hats, play suits and accessories to cut out and each booklet is packaged into a clear, re-sealable plastic sleeve, all the better to keep everything together once you're done playing with her!


















I'm so glad she's finally ready and I'm hoping to intice a new generation of children to discover the joy of Paper Dolls!

These little booklets are now available in my shop:)

Wishing you all a very happy weekend!
hugs,
~Shelly
xo's